Find out what you need to take your learning higher
We welcome applications from people with appropriate qualifications, prior work experience or a demonstrable interest and talent in a subject.
If you are unsure whether you have the right knowledge and skills to succeed on a university level programme, or the correct entry requirements, then please contact our careers advice team.
General entry requirements
For most programmes the requirements are:
- GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C* / 4 or above (or equivalent O Level or numeric GCSE grades)
- 64 UCAS tariff points (minimum) from relevant Level 3 qualifications, such as two or more A Levels or an Extended National Diploma
- An appropriate NVQ at Level 3 or
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma at Level 3 or
- Qualifications deemed equivalent to the above
Some programmes require specific additional requirements, these are detailed on the individual course pages. If you do not currently have the required qualifications please contact us and we can help.
What if I don't have the right qualifications?
Don’t worry – if you do not have these qualifications but can show you have relevant experience, skills, and aptitudes, you may still be considered. You may be able to meet the entry requirements in a different way.
You could get accreditation for life and work experience:
- Accreditation of prior learning (APL) is essentially credit awarded for wider learning evidenced from self-directed study, work, or training.
- Accreditation prior experiential learning (APEL) is an extension of APL that includes assessed learning gained from life and work experience.
You could take an Access to Higher Education course
Access to Higher Education courses are designed for adults aged 19 and over without the necessary qualifications for entry to higher education. They prepare people for university-level study, meaning you can then go on to do a degree course. Here are some key things to know about Access courses:
- They are available in many different subjects, and widely recognised as ideal preparation for higher education for students who have been outside of formal education for some time, or have few qualifications from school.
- The course is designed to provide a good foundation in the knowledge and skills required for studying at university level, so students are confident and well prepared when they go on to higher education.