Access to Higher Education
Access courses are designed to prepare you for entry into Higher Education.
Accessing Your Future
The Access to Higher Education Diplomas are a well established and a very successful route into university level study for adult students who may lack formal entry qualifications, wish to pursue a change of career and/or need to develop confidence and practice in their study skills.
A national framework for Access to HE courses has been in place since 1989 and, each year, over 20,000 Access to HE students achieve the Access to HE Diploma and progress to university courses across the UK.
Over 95% of our Access students gain their first choice of Higher Education
These diplomas can also improve your general education and are specifically designed to help you progress on to professional advanced training.
Who can apply?
- This qualification is for students aged 19 and over
- You must have achieved GCSE English and Maths at grade C or 4 or above
- You must have achieved GCSE science at grade C or 4 (for Science, Healthcare and Diplomas only)
We are looking for applicants with:
- A high level of motivation to be an independent student with a willingness for self study
- The commitment to study a full time, challenging course
- Evidence of recent study is desirable
- A clear idea of the university level programmes that you wish to apply for
Fees for Access to Higher Education courses are subject to review on an annual basis
Students aged 19 or over from the 31st August 2019 will be charged the full fee for their chosen pathway. However, this can be covered in full by an Advanced Learner Loan from the Government. The loan is not means-tested and is not repayable until you are earning over £25,000. If you continue on to a University Level course and pass and complete it, your Advanced learner Loan will be written off.
Find out more about our partnership with University Academy 92 and the new Access to Higher Education Business and Management course launched in 2019.