Our Pass & Travel

How do you plan on travelling to Stockport College?

We're well connected and that's just one of the reasons why our students travel from across Greater Manchester and Cheshire to study with us.

Information on the financial support for students can be found by visiting the Student and Parent section of our website. Follow the link here: Funding and Finance.

Scholars Permit: If you are 16 – 19 and in full time education, you may qualify for a Scholars Permit, which allows you to pay the concessionary fare for bus journeys, or reduced fares on train and tram journeys between your home and college. You can get an application form from Customer Services at College, any Greater Manchester Travelshop, or by visiting www.tfgm.com

Season Tickets: Train and bus operators also offer discounted weekly, monthly, termly and annual season tickets for students. These tickets can be used for multiple journeys at any time and are valid anywhere in Greater Manchester, not just between home and college. These tickets can be purchased online from the relevant transport operator or at your local Paypoint outlet. Visit www.paypoint.co.uk for locations.

System One Travelcards: These cards can be used on virtually all public transport services in Greater Manchester, regardless of which company runs them. If you are aged 16 - 26 and in full time education, you will need to get a System One student membership card to buy student bus passes. These Travelcards can be purchased online at www.systemonetravelcards.co.uk or at your local paypoint outlet. Visit www.paypoint.co.uk for locations.

Our Pass Travel Scheme

‘Our Pass’ is a free bus travel scheme for 16-18 year olds who live and travel within the Greater Manchester area. Visit www.ourpass.co.uk for more information on the scheme and to apply.

‘Our Pass’ replaces bursary financial assistance for bus travel for students within the Greater Manchester area.

Please note: if you use an ‘Our Pass’ for journeys to and from college, you will not be eligible for a travel contribution from the bursary.

An ‘Our Pass’ will cost £10 and this fee will be reimbursed by the College, if you are eligible for the bursary, live more than 2 miles from the college, and use an ‘Our Pass’ for your college journeys.

If you live outside the Greater Manchester area or have to use alternative transport methods you may be eligible for financial support for travel, please contact Student Services to discuss with a Financial Support Officer.