Football Scholarship and Education Programme
Based on the grounds of the Stockport Sports Village the Football Academy benefits from bespoke football facilities, including the use of top-quality training pitches, a study centre, state of the art gym and indoor facilities.
Our Football College was established in 2003. We have a growing number of campuses in different areas of the country, including our new home at the Stockport Sports Villege in Woodley, Stockport. Stockport Sports Village is a cutting edge 23 acres sports and education facility that has 11-a-side 3G Football Pitches, a Class 1 Grass Pitch, 5-a-side, 7-a-side pitches and a 9-a-side 3G Pitch, a 5000sq ft Fitness Gym, a H.I.T.T Training Studio, modern classrooms with desktop computers and/or laptops, various IT and an extensive library of resources to help an individual achieve.
Since 2003 we have been delivering high quality, dynamic and professional Football Scholarship and Education Programmes. Together with our partners, we have recently been graded as GOOD by OFSTED, which along with our partners puts us amongst the best in the country.
Over the many years since we opened, we have had excellent achievement rates. Our alumni of past graduates includes people who have gone on to university in this country or overseas, or a career in sport, either with some making it as a professional footballer and many who have made it as semi professional footballers.
Find out More:
All individuals train and play in matches for up to 12 hours per week. Everyone has their own Individual Development Plan that tracks and monitors their development during their time on the programme.
We train the players as a squad, but also as individuals in order to improve on their strengths and turn their weaknesses into strengths. We use the same technology that Premier League clubs use for Player Analysis such as the PlayerTek GPS Tracking System, Suunto Heart Rate Monitoring and SMARTSPEED Timing Gates.
The Football Scholarship element of the programme has the following benefits:
- The best opportunity for individuals age 16 - 19 to develop their game whilst continuing full time education
- An individual Player Development Plan
- The Expertise of experienced and highly qualified professional staff
- Up to 12 hours per week of professional training and matches
- Compete in Leagues against other teams from around the country
- Compete in National Cups and International Tournaments
- Play in our Representative Squads against Professional Clubs
- Excellent facilities that are close to train and bus stops
- An opportunity to be selected for the England National College Football Squad
- Opportunities to progress into Professional /Semi Professional Football, USA Scholarships
Each individual has their own study programme based on their GCSE grades. However, there is a qualification at every level based on what has been obtained at school.
Even if an individual feels they will not do well in their GCSE exams, there is still an opportunity at our college upon leaving school.
Our teaching is dynamic and engaging. Individuals are
not only assessed on their theoretical knowledge, but
also on their practical application. Individuals have the use of desktop computers and/or laptops, various IT and an extensive library of resources to help them achieve.
Students enrolling to the Football Academy will study one core qualification based on their GCSE grades from the list below:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (equivalent to 3 A Levels)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport in Sport (equivalent to 2 A Levels)
- BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Sport (equivalent to 1.5 A Levels)
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport (equivalent to 1 A Level)
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
- BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport & Active Leisure
As well as benefiting from:
- Individual Tutorials
- Preparation for Work and/or Work Experience
- GCSE or Functional Skills Maths (if achieved below a GCSE Grade 4/C)
- GCSE or Functional Skills English (if achieved below a GCSE Grade 4/C)
- Educational Trips & Visits
Depending on the level an individual achieves, they can progress on to University, a USA Sports Scholarship, an Apprenticeship or straight into a career that is in sport or non sport related.
How to Apply
A place at the Football Academy is fully funded and therefore free of charge.
Which career would you like to follow?
Though a course with the Football Academy your sporting career options are limitless: Football player, coaching, teaching, strength and conditioning, sports development, sports science, nutritionist, sports therapist or even officiating.
For more information about the Football Academy or to Apply please contact a member of our enrollment team on: