Thursday 24th September, 4.30pm - 7.00pm
If you've still not found a college place, or you've changed your mind about where or what you want to study then you've come to the right place.
Search our full current course offering then step away from your computer as there's no need to apply online. Just come down to the College campus on Thursday 24th September between 4.30pm and 7.00pm to enrol with us on a course this year.
What is Enrolment?
Enrolment is the process of making you a fully-fledged Stockport College student. Whether you're studying at our Stockport Campus or you're joining us as an Apprentice, it's important that you enrol with us first.
What do I need to enrol?
Aside from an enthusiasm to study a course with us, simply grab your GCSE results and proof of your identity. This helps us check who you are and that you’re on the right course and level.
Enrolment is necessary, getting the paperwork out the way so you can focus on learning from the start of your course.
What are the stages of enrolment?
We're glad you asked! Here's a brief outline of what to expect when you come to enrol with us on Thursday 24th September.
- Enrolment – you will sit with a member of administration staff while they enrol you onto your course.
- Finance – If you're 18 or over we'll need to confirm your method of payment for fees
- Student Cards – Say Cheese! At this point of enrolment you will have your photograph taken for your Student Card, this not only tells us you've completed your enrolment but it is also your College I.D, which you'll need whenever you're at college.
The next three stages do not apply to everyone:
- Transport – if you are eligible for a travel pass there is a member of staff available to deal with this. It is your own responsibility to get to and from the campus for your enrolment session.
- Financial Support – there will be staff available in the Student Advice Centre to discuss any funding issues.
- Guidance – staff will be available to assist with anything from completing forms to advice on personal issues in the Student Advice Centre.
What happens once I am enrolled?
There's not much else to do once you've been through the enrolment process, but it's your chance to double check with College staff some burning questions you may have, or if you've forgotten any information that may be important, such as when your first day at college will be.
I’m nervous about coming to College
If you are nervous about coming to College, this is not unusual. Every student you start with will be in the same boat: In a new college and with a new group of friends! If you would like to chat to someone there will be members of our incredible Student Support team to help.