Adult Enrolment and Information Event
Wednesday 13th January 4.00pm - 7.00pm
We are proud to help people from across Greater Manchester learn new skills and gain new qualifications.
So, whether you are looking to further your career with a professional qualification or an apprenticeship, looking to change jobs or get back into work, there is now more choice and opportunities than ever before.
We've been working hard to give you a virtual insight into our college. Take a look around our campus through our YouTube Channel.
At Stockport College we have a wide range of courses available for adults:
- Accounting and Finance
- Procurement & Supply
- Teaching and Education
- Distance Learning / Online Qualifications
- ACS Gas Assessment
How to Enrol:
- Find a course from our offering. You can explore our full offer below with details on when the courses are set to start, the duration and any costs.
- Come to an Enrolment event. Once you've found a course that interests you, we invite you to come along to one of our events and find out more information or to enrol. There's no need to apply online or call up, we'll be ready and waiting for you.
- Find out what you need to bring with you. Below our course offerings you'll find everything we recommend you bring with you for enrolment.
Stockport College’s Employability & Community Learning Team has launched a new range of online learning courses so you can develop your skills from the comfort of your own home. Much like our current distance learning course offering, there are no fees for the distance learning qualifications and online family learning programmes. For more information or to book your place on any of the specific additional courses please call 0161 886 7443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Distance Learning Courses
- Distance Learning Qualifications: Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care, Employability Skills & Managing Your Money
- Online Family Learning: Support Your Child Online with IT, Support Your Child with English, Support Your Child with Maths & Family Budgeting
- Wellbeing Workshop - £50.00
- Interior Design Workshop - £70.00
- Introduction to Setting up Your Own Business: Marketing, Customer Service, Book-keeping and Health & Safety - £100
Please note there are no fees if you are on a low income, less than £18,135 or in receipt of a means-tested benefit. Photographic evidence will be required.
To enquire about our Adult Courses please fill out the form below:
What to bring to enrolment
- If you are paying course fees yourself, you must bring a method of payment to meet your first installment. We ask that you pay contactless to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. If you are signing up for a direct debit, make sure you have your bank details with you.
- If your employer is paying, please bring a letter confirming this on company letterhead.
- Knowledge of your current qualifications as well as your National Insurance Number.
- Proof of identity such as passport or driving licence.
- Please be aware we are under government guidelines for COVID-19; please wear a mask, adhere to social distancing rules and also come alone if possible or with just one other person
Alternatively, for more information, call us on 0300 300 0090. We have courses starting all year round.
Want to study but worried about the Cost?
If you're aged 19 or over, live in England and are thinking about further education or training, you might qualify for an Advance Learner Loan.
It's easy to apply and you won't have to pay anything back until you're earning over £25,000 a year. You also won't have to worry about how much you're currently earning as getting an advance learner loan doesn't depend on your income and is not subject to credit checks. You can use your loan to study A-Levels, General courses and Vocational qualifications. We can help you complete your application form at the Adult Enrolment event so you don't have to worry about what information you need or which boxes you need to fill in on the form. Online Courses We have developed a suite of free Level 2 Distance Learning courses which are available to learners who meet the following criteria:
- Over the age of 19 on the 31st August 2020
- Reside in the UK with proof of address
- Have lived in the UK for 3 years