All new employees will automatically be enrolled into a workplace pension scheme.
Teaching staff will automatically join the Teachers Pension Scheme. Business Support/Management staff will join the Greater Manchester Pension Fund.
You can opt out of the relevant pension scheme. If you wish to opt out of the pension scheme you will need to obtain an opt out form from the relevant pension providers website.
Stockport College is registered with Computershare Voucher Services to offer all eligible working parents the opportunity to save money on all types of registered childcare by exchanging a proportion of their monthly salary (subject to a maximum stipulated by the Government) for childcare vouchers. Participating in the voucher scheme saves eligible parents money as the exchanged proportion of salary is exempt from tax and national insurance contributions.
Stockport College has teamed up with Simplyhealth to offer you the opportunity to join their Simply Cash Plan. Take advantage of discounted rates and extra benefits with your monthly subscriptions being paid directly from your salary. In summary the Simply Cash Plan offers:
- Health cover for UK residents aged 18 to 69.
- Up to four children (under the age of 18 and living at home) get the same level of cover as you, free.
- Cash back on dental check-ups, x-rays, hygienist and investigations.
- Cover for optical costs like sight tests, prescription glasses and contact lenses.
- Cover for popular complementary therapies with no need for a GP referral; physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractic, acupuncture and homeopathy.
- Incidental hospital in-patient stays (Level 2 and above) and health and counselling helpline.
For further information on the scheme and details of how to join please visit https://www.simplyhealth.co.uk/.
Cycle to Work scheme
This Government scheme provides excellent tax savings on a wide range of bikes and equipment with monthly payments taken direct from your salary.
Cafe Retreat (Altrincham & Stretford)
- Cafe Retreat opens during term time and caters for every taste and dietary requirement with a wide range of hot and cold food served daily. With Cafe Retreat you will also find Starbucks.
Aspire Restaurant (Altrincham)
- Aspire Restaurant is an award winning restaurant. Both the kitchens and front of house service is run by current College students, providing a real working environment for hospitality students and fine dining at an affordable price for staff and the public of Trafford.
- The Restaurant is open for both lunch and dinner, with themed nights taking place throughout the year. If you are pushed for time Aspire2Go is available for a quick and delicious lunch.
- To find out more and to make a booking visit the Aspire web page.
Hair & Beauty
- Enhance Salon & Spa (Altrincham)
- Based at the Altrincham site Enhance Salon & Spa is a Hair, Beauty, Spa and Holistic salon run by staff and students offering a range of reasonably priced treatments for staff and the public
For further information and to make a booking visit Enhance Salon & Spa
- Retreat Hair & Beauty (Stockport)
- Retreat is a commercial beauty salon available with one very attractive difference; prices are around half the cost of those on the high street.
As an employee of Stockport College you have free access to the services and benefits offered by Health Assured, an independent health and wellbeing provider.
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - https://www.healthassured.org/
Your EAP offers you immediate access to 24 hour telephone counselling and wellbeing services which are completely confidential and only statistical information relating to the usage of the service is passed to the College. All Health Assured consultants providing the service are bound by strict ethical codes of conduct and confidentiality. If you wish, you may remain anonymous when using the service.
In summary the services available are as follows:
- Health Assured’s experienced and qualified telephone counsellors provide around the clock support to help you with a wide range of personal and work related problems in areas such as stress, relationship difficulties, bereavement, anxiety, family worries, alcohol/drug abuse, employment, financial concerns or issues resulting from working with young people and adults at risk.
Legal and financial information services
- The legal and financial information element of your EAP offers you extremely valuable access to information provided by fully qualified legal professionals. Health Assured’s team are available to provide you with practical and easily understood information and guidance about issues concerning the law. Information is available on all personal matters such as domestic problems, personal injury claims, motor related disputes, property worries and consumer rights.
- Similarly, if you need information to help you with financial issues such as debt management, investments, benefits or pensions, Health Assured’s teams of qualified legal consultants and counsellors can offer you all the information and guidance you will need.
Medical, health and wellbeing services
- Additionally, Health Assured has a medical team available on the telephone should you need advice or information on issues such as: general health & fitness, weight loss, smoking cessation, childhood illnesses, vaccination advice, childcare provision, advice regarding home care, access to nursing homes, interpretation of medical diagnoses, direction to specialist medical centres, preparation for surgery, choosing a specialist, patient rights, changing your GP and disputes with healthcare professionals.
Mobile App: Health-e-Hub
- Download the Health Assured Health-e-Hub app for confidential advice, support, health & wellbeing information. Support right in the palm of your hand!
To access the Health Assured services at anytime day or night simply dial the 0800 716 017, tell Health Assured who you work for and how they can help you and you’ll be transferred to the correct professional. You can remain anonymous if you wish and what you discuss with Health Assured is confidential, unless they consider there is a serious risk of harm to you or anyone else.